Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Life The Past 8 Months!

Hello All!

I thought that I would give blogging a try. I think it will be a nice way to keep everyone up to date and informed once the boys make their arrival!

I think I will start off by giving you a run down of our past year. I am sure all of you know our story, but it is fun to retell it. So here goes!

Blake and I decided that we would start trying to get pregnant in 2008. After many pep talks from me, Blake finally gave in. When I asked him if he was ready his response was, "It's just like marriage Reagan. You just do it!" That was good enough for me. But we had one last thing we needed to do.....VACATION! So we booked a trip to Cancun, Mexico and we were on our way.

Blake and I in Cancun


The trip was wonderful. Blake and I had not spent that much quality time together since our honeymoon and it really felt like a fresh start. We left Cancun feeling rejuvenated. Little did we know we were also leaving Cancun with a bun in the oven ;)

On Father's Day morning Blake took our dog, Loli out and I jumped out of bed to take a pregnancy test. It was positive instantly! By the time he made it back in the house I was standing there with the test and said, "Happy Father's Day!" It could not have been more perfect! We both cried and called our families to tell them the good news.

The day we found out we were pregnant


Now, I have to tell you that on multiple occasions when we would talk about children Blake would mention the fact that he thought that we would have twins. There was no rhyme or reason for this. He just said that you have to start somewhere. I told him he was crazy and that twins did not run in our family. I had an appointment with my Dr. set up for 8 weeks and the day before the appointment Blake said, "So what if we have twins?" And of course I responded with the usual, "It isn't possible." To which Blake said, "Well if I am right and we do have twins then I guess you will believe anything I say from now on. You can just call me Nostradamus!" I just laughed, told him he was crazy and went on about my business.

The next day I went to my appointment alone. Thinking it would be no big deal and that Blake might be a bit uncomfortable. Boy do I regret that choice! My Doctor started the appointment with an ultrasound. I was watching the monitor, and even though I have never had an ultrasound before, the first thing I saw was two little blobs on the screen. I knew right away! And the Dr. said, "Well, this is baby 1 and this is baby 2!" TWINS! I was speechless. I felt like I was floating above my body. I was surprisingly calm and all I could think is, "Get me out of here! I need to call my husband!"
First Ultra Sound

I called Blake as soon as I got in my car. He asked me how it went and I said, "Well, I guess that we will call you Nostradamus!" Once again we both cried and called our families and friends to share the good news with them. Everyone that I told that we were having twins thought that I was lying. I mean, EVERYONE! I don't blame them. I mean, how does this happen on the first try? I couldn't even believe how blessed we were. Not only did it not take us long to conceive but we got 2 on the first go round! Maybe Blake has magical powers ;)


The babies are fraternal and we knew that right away. In September we found out that they are boys. I was a little surprised by this. But I was so excited for Blake to have two little buddies. And now that I have had time to wrap my head around the idea of boys, I don't think that it could be any more perfect.

The boys sleeping head to head

We had one boy named picked out from the beginning. Daniel, which represents my father and my brother. As for a second name, we were both at a lose. I gave Blake the name book and told him to start looking. He chose a few names that he liked and the only one that we agreed on was Dalton. We waited about a month to tell anyone because I wanted to be sure that it was a name we loved. The middle names were the easy part. Baby A, which will always be born first is Daniel Blake. And Baby B is Dalton Warren. Warren is Blake's first name as well as his fathers name.


Dalton's precious little face-Dec 08'

This pregnancy has been just about the easiest thing I have ever done. I was never sick, I have slept fine, I could write forever about all the symptoms I didn't have. What a blessing! I was able to work until now and never had any complications aside from the on going braxton hicks. At this point I am 33 weeks and things are beginning to get a little uncomfortable. But I hate to complain when things could be much worse. I have two extremely healthy boys growing inside of me. Sometimes it is still hard to believe, but I know of nothing else so it seems normal to me.


Thanksgiving 08'

I am going to the Doctor every week now and we are just waiting. Blake asks me every day when they are coming. He said that now it feels like waiting on Christmas. His excitement is contagious. And he has been so wonderful to me. I am at a point now where I can not stand up for too long and my belly really prohibits me from doing alot, so he has started doing more around the house to help me out. Pregnancy has definitely brought us closer. I can only imagine what parenthood will do to us. I can not wait to see him as a father!

Blake working on the nursery
We have some finishing touches to put on the nursery and as soon as it is done I will post some pictures. We took birthing classes, and I am reading as much as I can right now to prepare myself. I do not know at this point if I will have a c-section or not. My Dr. tells me something different every week. My due date is February 19th but my Doctor has made it pretty clear that I won't go that long. (Thank the Lord!) If I go into labor then she will not stop it and we will have the boys. Otherwise she told me that I could pick a date at the end of January or beginning of February. This is all so weird to me and I am not a patient person! One day at a time is all that I can do. I am a little bit nervous about taking care of two babies at once. Neither Blake or I have had much experience with newborns. When I asked him if he was nervous he put it perfectly, "No, I am not nervous. Taking care of them is going to be the easy part, it will come naturally. The hard part will be being patient with one another and keeping our calm." I definitely agree with him on that one.

In closing, 2009 has so many wonderful things in store for us and I can not wait to share them with all of you. I hope that this year brings you lots of love and happiness as well! Happy New Year!


Watch Me grow!






6 comments:

  1. Oh, my! You are very, very pregnant!!! Tell Blake that Warren just laughed and shook his head! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Blog!! Now we can keep up with you. Although I don't think you will be blooging to much after these boys arrive, but I hope that you can.
    WOW!!! You are very pregnent!! Still beautiful but very pregnant!!!
    We love and miss you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world. Maybe now we can keep up with each other, even though your time may be limited with 2 little ones and boys. Boys are great though - they never stop. My SIL will be having her 2nd little girl by Tuesday. We plan to start trying again soon. I like the growing picture idea with the numbers. I took pictures but not consistently and they didn't turn as well as yours. You were smart wearing the same shirt too- I did that in like 2 of mine.

    Well I cannot wait to see these little guys. Can I add you to my blog's friends list to keep me updated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blog and what a cute family! Warning - blogging is very addictive! I loved the growing pics, too. Looks like those little guys will be here anyday now. I can't believe how well you can see Dalton's face in that ultrasound. Boy, things sure have changed since we had babies. Welcome to blogging - it's a fun way to keep up with each other. Thanks for sending me your address. I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You look so beautiful! I can't wait to get the call that it's time! My bags are packed and the map is printed out!!! Make sure Blake has me on the call list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So good to be able to keep in touch through blogging. your blog is so cute and i really enjoyed reading about your past year and the story of getting pregnant. I am so excited for you and i know you will be a wonderful mother. Parenting has got to be so exciting but also a little scary. I can't imagine taking care of two, but i think your husband said it right, it will come naturally. I will keep you guys in my prayers. I hope you have an easy delivery and can't wait to stay updated.

    ReplyDelete