Friday, January 23, 2009

36 weeks pregnant with 10 more days to go!!!!

Today I went back to the doctor. My last few appointments have been pretty uneventful. Which now that I think about it is a positive thing. Daniel is so low that the Dr. is surprised he hasn't just fallen out. And Dalton is constantly kicking me in the ribs. So I literally have babies everywhere! She was not able to get good measurements today but both boys are 6 lbs. or more at this point. They are both in position and the Dr. said that I could have them vaginally but since we already scheduled the c-section we are going to stick to that date. I have mixed emotions about this. The thought of never experiencing labor makes me a little sad. I feel like it is a part of being a woman that I am going to miss out on. On the other hand, I am a planner and I feel like I have some control over what is going on and I know the boys won't be under any stress. I just want to do what is best for them.
Since I have been off work I have done a few craft projects and now I am a little bored. It is nice to have the time to be bored but I am not use to sitting around and doing nothing. I am getting really uncomfortable but I think that having more time to sit and dwell on it makes it worse. Today my braxton hicks are pretty frequent as well.
I am counting down the days at this point. My last Dr.'s appointment is next Wednesday. My mother will be flying down that Saturday the 31st. Sunday I have my pre-op at the hospital and then we will head to labor and delivery bright and early on Monday the 2nd.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! We'll be coming home from our cruise the day you deliver! We are leaving from New Orleans and going to Cozumel and back. Our first real childless vacation! I know we all think about being in labor as "real childbirth" but I think you will like the c-section. You know when everything is happening, there is so much less uncertainty. If I knew I was having twins I would probably rather have a c-section. I can't believe they are 6 lbs. each! That's great! They are going to be so healthy! Well good luck, I know everything will be fine, and I can't wait to see pictures! I will try to get your gift in the mail in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little something I hope will give you a chuckle: I had a friend who called her husband and told him (seriously), "I think I might be having those briggs and straton contractions!" ha! Every time I hear braxton hicks, I think of her! I agree with Emily. It's great that they weigh 6 lbs. and they're SO healthy. I'd go with the C section and never look back. You sure are a little girl to be carrying around 12 lbs. of baby! Can't wait to hear about the birth. I know your mom, dad, John and his family are so excited as ALL the Bush family probably are! I'm sure we'll hear about it at church! I just couldn't wait to read a new post - having been checking every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like everything is going great. I will be thinking about you! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I understand your feelings about labor and delivery-we were actually able to deliver vaginally and it was amazing. We scheduled our induction date just like they would normally schedule a c section. we went in at 5 am and although at one point I had stalled out and they were considering a c section, it all worked out and at 7:08pm Brooklyn was born. I didnt even have to push. lol She was literally right there. Then 8 minutes later, I pushed once and Skylar was born. There's nothing wrong with a c sectiona nd any drs prefer it with twins, especially if it's your first pregnancy. I had Cameron and he weighed 8 lbs 13 and 1/2 oz so we knew the size of the twins wouldnt be an issue. I know no matter which manner of delivery you choose, it will be the most beautiful experience of your entire life and I can't wait to see pictures of the boys. Best of luck girl and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete