Thursday, April 2, 2009

8 WEEKS OLD!

MY LITTLE MEN

DALTON


DANIEL



The boys were 8 weeks old on Monday. The time is just flying by. They amaze me every day. They are growing so big and strong. They smile all the time now. One of their favorite things to do is lay on your chest while you are sitting down and hold their heads up and look around. Blake and I have the best time watching them bobble around!

They are on formula now and have been for a few weeks. They adapted to it well. They obviously have no problem eating! I started working with them this week on sleeping through the night. Right now it is a little rough. I am trying to teach them to self soothe. Daniel seems to be catching on really quick but Dalton is a whole other story. He likes to trick Mommy and Daddy into thinking he is good and asleep and then he starts screaming the moment you put him down. He is a little spit fire! I have to remember that they are different babies with different personalities. And hey, if I have one baby that sleeps through the night, then taking care of the other one will be a walk in the park! I also have a love, hate relationship with pacifiers! They spit them out constantly! It's the most frustrating thing in the world! Both of them are trying to suck their thumbs and I wish they would just figure it out already. Daniel gave himself a hickey the other day sucking on his arm so hard. I have little leeches!

Today we went to the pediatrician for their 2 month visit. They did so good! They got 3 shots and both of them only cried for a few seconds. They are both super healthy and the doctor said that everything is good. Daniel weighs 10lbs 12oz and is 23.5" long. Dalton weighs 10lbs. 8oz. and is 23.75" long.

Blake and I are doing really well. He told me last night as we were feeding them that, "It's pretty cool having kids!" Glad he thinks so! I am realizing that I don't require as much sleep as I thought I did. And I LOVE being a Mom!!! There is no other way I would rather spend my days than hanging out with my boys.

AT THE PEDIATRICIAN

2 comments:

  1. Cuties! Glad y'all are doing so well! Know what you mean about the pacis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read and catch up on all of you. Sounds like you're doing great! The most important thing I feel and hear in your post is the love that's there. That's wonderful. Sounds like you have so much patience and so does Blake. But they sound like they're very good little boys:)

    ReplyDelete